Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Goodreads

I've always wanted to get into reading, but never knew where to start. I'm not familiar with all the best-sellers, what's worth reading and what's not. On my recent trip to Napa, Jillian and Kim always had a book in their had during our down time, and discussing the different books they have read. I was mentioning to them my dilema and they introduced me to Goodreads. It's a website where friends can log on and see what everyone is reading, has read, or on their list to read. You can also rate the books and leave comments about your thoughts and whether it's worth reading or not. I love it because it gives me direction and opens my mind to all the different kinds of books worth reading. The few books I have read have all been romance novels by Nicholas Sparks. My friends are reading anything from vampires, adventures, mysteries, history, fiction, non-fiction, etc. The list is endless!!! I wasn't very bold in starting out. I chose Nights in Rodanthe by Nocholas Sparks! I love the cheesy romances, but I also chose it because of the movie coming out. So log on and join me in finding good reads!!

No comments: