Monday, April 26, 2010

Catch Up - TNT weeks 9, 10, 11

Yes, I know, I've been slacking......but not on my training! I've had a lot going on the past few weeks and I just returned from a relaxing week on a cruise to the Caribbean ( that will have to be a different post!). So, my training the last few weeks has been:

Week 9: 8 miles. I thought I was going to die. By the end of the run I could barely stand up my knees hurt so bad. Any type of incline was unbearable and stairs were impossible. I have a lot of problems with my IT band and it takes me a long time to recover. This was my main worry when beginning this training; I wasn't sure my knee was going to hold out. One of my high school friends is a physical therapist so she gave me some exercises to try. Hopefully with her help I won't experience so much pain.

Week 10: 4 miles. I thought this was going to be a piece of cake compared to the 8 miles the week before. Wrong!! It seemed like 8 miles was easier (minus the excruciating knee pain at the end). What the heck!!

Week 11: 9 miles. On a cruise ship. No. Way. My coach suggested I run 5 miles one day, 5 miles the next. Overall I was pretty satisfied with my working out while on vacation. I made it to the gym 4 days. The 5 miles were a challenge, not to mention the sore muscles and blisters from the constant swaying of the tread mill, my thighs rubbing together, burping and sharting from the morning buffet, etc., etc., but this was my view so can't complain too much

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Did you say sharting??? lmao. good job keeping up with it while on your cruise!