Thursday, May 13, 2010

TNT Week 13, 14

Week 13: 4 miles. Piece of cake. Not too much to say about that!

Week 14: 10 miles. This is the longest distance we will run until the big race. I was dreading it. I had to do it on my own since it was my weekend to work. I was nervous and had so much anxiety about my knee and being able to finish. I've been seeing Dr. Jesse who has been working on my knee and this was the true test. I had all my run gear ready: water, Gatorade, energy jelly beans and gummies, ipod, garmin, and cool comfortable clothing. I decided to try a new trail here in Olathe. My friend Theresa was coming to ride her bike along with me to keep me company and give me a push. I started ahead of her. I don't think I ran a half mile and I was already lost. I ended up in a neighborhood and the trail just stopped. I turned around and thought I was heading back to where I started, but was stopped by a flooded bridge so had to turn around again! I finally found my way back to my car and decided to take the trail the opposite direction. I don't know how Theresa found me, but she did and it was a quick 2 miles out of the way just trying to find the right path to stay on. Having her there really helped. Chatting with her kept my mind off of the long distance that seemed almost impossible to finish. I must be in better shape than what I thought because I finished the 10 miles without stopping and felt fabulous! Didn't even feel out of breath! My knees were a little sore, but it was so nice to run without the constant worry of them giving out on me. Thank you Dr. Jesse!! You really are a miracle worker! Beginning this journey I thought there was no way I was going to be able to do this. After today I know I can......and I WILL! I'm excited about the race and the weekend in San Diego. Not too excited about the 6:15am race time. Can you believe that? They start shuttling people to the race at 4:15am!!! Now if I only didn't have $1200 left to raise......and only 7 days to do it. I wasn't expecting to donate that much of my own money in order to do this. People really surprise you when it comes to asking for donations. If anything I thought they would be glad to in order to help ME out.

No comments: