Monday, January 31, 2011

Newest Member

This past Monday I was sworn in as the newest member of the Norton Rotary Club! No, it has nothing to do with the rotary phone! Rotary club members are volunteers who work locally, regionally, or internationally to combat hunger, improve health and sanitation, provide education and job training, promote peace, and eradicate polio under the motto Service Above Self. I was honored to receive the invitation and I see it as a great way to meet new people and help the community. We have a soup supper we are sponsoring this Friday night at the high school basketball game. Money made will go towards scholarships for a 2 high school students.

In other community news Devin and I have signed up to be Volunteer EMT's!!! Our classes begin next week. We will have class every Tues. and Thurs. and one Saturday a month. We will finish in June. I don't know all the details yet, but being a volunteer we will have to be on-call 20 hours per month. I'm excited to learn another avenue of healthcare, and I'm glad Devin and I will be learning something new together.

We are making progress on the house. I finally have my kitchen back!! No more doing dishes in the bath tub. We are really happy with how it turned out. We painted the ceilings in all but 3 rooms. We will finish the painting when Devin returns from his ski trip and then on to flooring!! It's starting to look like a home again.

No comments: